human nature

It’s our memories that make us as human beings. You learn to walk and you have to remember how to walk for the rest of our lives. What if the caveman who invented fire couldn’t remember how to do it the second time round. “I had it a second ago but I don’t know what happened!” We probably wouldn’t have come this far in evolving. We probably never take the time to appreciate our brains. “I can do, so who cares how I do it?” That’s why athletes are some of our superstars. They have to remember how to do it the second time round, everyday. So, what happens when our brains fail us, we end up “insane”. We never did understand how we did it, now we have no idea how to fix it. Point is, never overlook our mentally handicapped. Wasn’t their choice to get to that point and now have to play the hand they’re dealt. Though, they may never understand that. Ending up in the famous Mathare Mental Hospital was the cruelest insult/joke that we would tell each other. Basically we didn’t fully grasp how they ended up there, but it was a source of humour for us. I want to think people change and I have changed to appreciate that I am never in control and they didn’t choose to be there.

Comments